This post was written by Epalinski
I love having a protein rich, egg breakfast in the morning. But, to be honest, sometimes eggs by themselves get a bit boring. So this morning I decided to mix things up a bit and combine two of my favorite meals – an omelet and a quesadilla – to create a breakfast hybrid that packed in a ton of flavor, protein, and fiber to start my day off right.
The best part about this quesadilla is that almost every member of your family will love it and you can feel good about serving it to them as well! In this version, I chose to flavor the breakfast quesadilla with a variety of fresh peppers, but you can vary the vegetables to include everything from onions, to mushrooms, broccoli, or any vegetable that appeals to your early morning taste buds.
Another bonus of this great breakfast- you can make it in advance! Whip up a few batches, slice them, and then refrigerate or freeze for an on-the-go breakfast that fuels you for whatever the day brings! (And there’s no reason that this meal has to be a breakfast only option either- it can make a fast dinner for those hectic nights as well!)
Cheesy Flatout Breakfast Quesadilla
½ cup shredded part-skim Mexican cheese
4 – Flatout ProteinUp CarbDown flatbreads
1 small red pepper, diced
1 small yellow pepper, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, scramble eggs until cooked throughout. Remove from heat.
- Lay two Flatout flatbreads on a large baking sheet. Top evenly with diced peppers and scrambled eggs. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top and cover with the remaining flatbreads.
- Toast in oven for 5-7 minutes until flatbreads become slightly browned and crispy and cheese has fully melted.
- Slice evenly into triangles and serve warm.
- Optional: serve with a side of salsa and sour cream.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories 195 Carbohydrates: 14gm Fiber: 6gm Protein: 16gm Fat: 8gm Saturated Fat: 3gm