This post was written by Epalinski
In honor of National Oatmeal Month, I thought I would make my next breakfast a real treat… and what I mean by treat; I mean one that tastes just like dessert! Since breakfast is the fuel at the start of our day, I wanted to make a breakfast packed full of protein, fiber and flavor—and that could be made in just a few minutes. For those who love meal prep, these overnight oats will become your new go-to breakfast because it takes little to no prep and tastes amazing!
This recipe is one of a kind because I secretly added a more nutritious ingredient– an avocado! Packed full of healthy fats and adds thickness to this batch of overnight oats.
Just add all ingredients into a container and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 2 tablespoons Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 medium avocado, pitted
- In a small container or Mason jar, combine rolled oats and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a blender, add chocolate milk, peanut butter and avocado. Blend until smooth.
- Add liquid to oats and combine well in container. Refrigerate overnight. Top with a banana in the morning and enjoy on the go!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
366 calories, 36 g CHO, 22 g FAT, 12 g PRO, 144 mg sodium, 15 g sugar