This post was written by Erin Palinski-Wade
I admit it, I love pizza! And I know I am not alone. Depending on the pizza you choose, it can be a healthy option. But let’s be realistic, even if you pile your pie with veggies, it’s still not going to be as healthy as a pizza made entirely from vegetables. I have been wanting to make an easy cauliflower pizza recipe for a while, but all of the recipes I have found were very labor intensive and time consuming. Sure they looked good, but I don’t have time for recipes that require hours of prep and I know you don’t either. That’s why I worked hard to create this easy cauliflower pizza recipe that is delicious and so simple even your kids can do it.
One of the biggest issues I find when it’s ‘pizza night’ is typically the lack of vegetables. So making a pizza out of vegetables certainly solves that. I will tell you, this recipe very similar to a crispy, flatbread pizza. I wasn’t able to replicate a softer crust, but I’ll keep working on it. However, I measure success by it’s appeal to my family. Last night, Joey gobbled this up with no hesitation, which to me indicates it tastes pretty similar to the real thing. My husband, a self-proclaimed expert in all things pizza, gave it his seal of approval as well- so you know this cauliflower pizza recipe is good! With only 68 calories and 2 grams of carbs per slice, what’s a momma not to love?!
So give it a try and let me know what you think:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like small grains of rice. Microwave in a large bowl for about five minutes to steam. Allow to cool and add in seasonings, eggs, and one half cheese.
- Divide mixture into two servings and spread out evenly onto lightly greased baking sheets (or parchment paper).
- Bake at 450 F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Top with remaining cheese (add sauce if desired) and bake for 3-5 minutes until sauce melts. Serve warm and enjoy!
MAKES 16 SERVINGS
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
Calories: 68 Carbs: 2gm Fiber 1gm Protein 6gm Fat 4gm
After you try it, come back and tell me if you are an easy cauliflower pizza recipe convert now too!